NANMMA 2019 Zakah Funds
Zakah Fund 2019
“And establish prayer and give zakat, and whatever good you put forward for yourselves – you will find it with Allah; surely Allah sees what you do.” —The Holy Qur’an, 2:110
This Ramadan, NANMMA is collecting Zakah Fund. The funds will be distributed in such a way that 50% will be used in the US and 50% will be used in India.
Offering zakat is a religious obligation for Muslims, and is the third of the five pillars of Islam (right after prayer). In Arabic, zakat means purification, growth, and blessing. Paying zakat is meant to remind Muslims to be appreciative of the blessings that Allah (Subhana Wa Ta’ala) has bestowed upon them, and to help empower those who have less. There are two primary forms of zakat: zakat al-mal and zakat al-fitr.
How did we distribute 2018-Zakah collection?
- Last year we helped 4 revert sisters in St. Louis to pay for their overdue utility bills to get power back.
- Helped a medical student to pay for the last years tuition fee.
How will we distribute 2019-Zakah collection?
70% of the Zakah fund collected will be distributed in the US.
List details of the beneficiaries for 2019.
- A refugee mother from MA with 5 daughters and 1 son need help. No Job and will take at least 3 months to get a work permit.
- A refugee family with six children from MA is looking for support as both the parents cannot work due to medical conditions.
- A 20-year-old revert brother asking for help to study further about Islam. His is alone right now rejected by family and friends.
- A single mom with 3 kids from NJ. Her husband passed away a few years back. Mom is struggling to meet ends meet. She is sick too. Currently living on a month to month donations received by well-wishers.
- A sister who was a manager of a few of our MMNJ members at Verizon. After she became Muslim, the family abandoned her, she lost her job after, and she got sick and was hospitalized for a few months.
- A sister from NJ who is separated from her husband. This is not by her choice but his choice. She has 2 boys who are toddlers, 1-year-old and 3-year-old. Since last August, her husband has not paid for her expenses. He has taken her to court for visitation/custody. To keep herself afloat, she is now in debt for the first time in her life and maxed out her credit cards. She is desperately looking for a job.
- Disabled brother from IL with 9 dependents and no Income.
- Indian brother from IL 1 son and daughter both blind not eligible for state/federal support.
- Palestine from IL, disabled (lost leg), family including 5 kids are in Palestine, he is living in a shelter, 4 years and asylum stuck in new administration policy, diabetic – need money for himself and family.
- Sister from IL in mid-fifties, Bosnia, one son was studying in California college, met with an accident in a coma, she needs money for her son’s medicine.
30% of the Zakah fund collected will be distributed in Kerala.
All Zakah will be distributed 100% to the beneficiaries. No Administration cost.
Please send your Zakat by one of these methods:
1. Bank transfer
3. Mail the cheque.
Make a check to NANMMA and write Zakat-2019 in the memo
1297 Centennial Ave, Suite #5-345
Piscataway, NJ 08854
Write Zakat-2019 in the memo of the transaction.
For questions and request for Zakah funds, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9523032217 (Niyaz Ahamed)
Please forward this to all your local Nanmma members, friends and families.